Delivery & Return Policy
Delivery & Return Policy
- As a service to our customers, HOLLY HUNT (HH) will arrange the shipping of orders via one of our preferred carriers. All charges are PROFORMA and will be included on the final balance due notice.
- If the customer chooses to manage their own freight and delivery, HH must be notified of the specific details of the movement such as the desired date of pickup. The fee to move the product from a manufacturer to a terminal for "customer's own" pick-up will be added to the balance due. All shipments are moved through a Bill of Lading (BOL) or carrier's automated delivery system. The location of the pick-up by the client or the client's agent may trigger sales tax responsibility at that location.
- Ownership of the product transfers to the customer (owner) upon the freight carrier taking possession of the order for transport. Therefore, responsibility for damage occurring in-transit is the owner's.
- International shipping quotes available upon request. All international shipments require Certificate of Origin. There is a $50 fee and a 24 hour lead time.
Receipt of Product
- HH highly recommends using a qualified receiving warehouse to receive, inspect, consolidate deliveries, and facilitate in-home installation. HH will recommend a receiver for client if requested. HH advises that all crated goods should be processed through a professional receiver such as a receiving warehouse. A receiving warehouse acts as an agent for the client and is responsible to note any damage and assist the owner with filing a freight claim when any damage is found. A qualified receiving person should be present to accept products when delivered directly to a home.
- When receiving shipments with a BOL, a signature on the BOL confirms that the products are received in good condition unless exception is made on the BOL.
- When receiving parcel deliveries, a signature on carrier automated handheld confirms that the products are received in good condition.
- If the merchandise is refused upon delivery for quality or damage issues, the receiver should contact the HH showroom of purchase immediately.
- If the driver must "drop and dash", the receiver should note on the BOL that any concealed damage of boxed or crated product will be the responsibility of the carrier or the manufacturer as determined upon inspection of the product. Full inspection must occur within 48 hours of delivery and if applicable, all freight claims must be filed within 72 hours.
- Examine all wallcovering rolls upon receipt, verifying the pattern and colors before cutting. Reference the hanging instructions accompanying each roll for additional pattern specific information. Hang three (3) drops, then stop and inspect the product again.
- Assemblage wallcovering ships rolled, but it cannot be stored rolled for more than two (2) weeks. To protect the quality of the product, this wallcovering should be installed within two (2) weeks of delivery.
Inspection of Product
- Inspect the cartons or crates carefully. If applicable, check to see if the ShockWatch™ and or Tip-N-Tell indicators are activated. If there is any visible damage to the packaging or the indicator is activated, note it on the BOL or report to the parcel carrier representative. Take photos of any damage to the packaging, this is necessary to expedite damage claim resolution.
- Inspect the HOLLY HUNT branded tape seal. If it is not intact or it is covered over, you should assume the package has been tampered with. Note this on the BOL or report to the parcel carrier representative.
- Unpack the cartons or crates. Inspect all merchandise carefully. Cartons and crates should always be unpacked in your presence. NEVER discard original packaging until satisfied with the delivery.
- If you are unable to inspect the merchandise at the time of receiving the shipment, note on the BOL that any concealed damage of boxed or crated products will be the responsibility of the carrier or the manufacturer as determined upon inspection of the products. HOLLY HUNT must be notified within 48 hours of any concealed damage that is found. Keep a copy of the BOL. Save the packaging material and take pictures of the damage.
- All claims should be reported to the customer service manager at the HOLLY HUNT showroom of purchase. However, when appointing their own carrier, client is responsible for filing claims with the appointed carrier.
Product Quality and In-Transit Damage Reporting
- Products are inspected by the manufacturer prior to release to ensure that the order is in good condition, complete, and ready for shipment.
- The carrier is responsible for a complete inspection of the products at the point of origin. Any damage must be noted on the BOL. The signed BOL is confirmation by the carrier that they have accepted responsibility for delivering the products in the condition in which they were received. Inspections of the boxed or crated products are limited to the exterior of the packages. Exceptions must be noted and the packages opened at once if the condition of the cartons or crates appears compromised.
- All freight damage claims must be made directly to the HH showroom of purchase within 48 hours of receipt.
- If the customer appoints their own carrier, freight claims must be filed directly with the appointed carrier. HH is not responsible for a customer's own or third party freight damage and claims.
- All product should be inspected upon receipt to verify goods are per order confirmation.
- Returns must be authorized by HOLLY HUNT for refund, credit or exchange.
- Merchandise returns without written approval by HOLLY HUNT will not be accepted and will be returned back to the shipper at their own expense.
- Installed, altered or damaged product will not be accepted as a return. Including products that have been cut, treated, or processed.
- Returns must be received to the designated location within 30 days of agreed upon return.
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee of 25% of the NET value. Shipping or other fees are non-refundable.
- Customer is responsible for return shipping fees.
- Any product received after the 30 days or of a condition other than brand new, will not be accepted.
- This policy excludes customer service issues. (i.e. product quality and in-transit freight damage issues).
- All Custom orders are final sale and cannot be returned. All deposits are non-refundable.
Items Sold from the Floor
- Floor samples, along with any items purchased at HOLLY HUNT OFF THE FLOOR Stamford, CT are considered final-sale items and cannot be returned.
- Please reference the Represented Vendors return policy for process. Contact your local showroom for additional information.
- HH will not accept returns without prior written consent.
- Returns must be handled in accordance with HOLLY HUNT's shipping instructions.
- Returns for reasons other than valid HOLLY HUNT accepted claims will be subject to applicable handling & packaging, shipping, storage, and repair charges.
- Please include the Sales Order Return Number with the returned product(s).
- All orders are subject to the HOLLY HUNT Terms of Sale.
- Do not attempt a return without first having obtained a HOLLY HUNT written authorization.