SHIPPING / DELIVERY
- As a service to our customers, HOLLY HUNT (HH) will arrange the shipping of orders via one of our preferred carriers. All charges are PROFORMA and will be included on the final balance due notice.
- If the customer chooses to manage their own freight and delivery, HH must be notified of the specific details of the movement. The fee to move the product from a manufacturer to a terminal for "customer's own" pick-up will be added to the balance due. All product is moved through a Bill of Lading (BOL). The location of the pick-up by the client or the client's agent may trigger sales tax responsibility at that location.
- Ownership of the product transfers to the customer (owner) upon the freight carrier taking possession of the order for transport. Therefore, responsibility for damage occurring in-transit is the owner’s and all claims for freight damage must be made within 72 hours of receipt.
- If customer selects their own freight carrier, freight claims must be filed directly with the selected carrier. HH is not responsible for a customer’s own or third party freight damage and claim.
RECEIPT OF PRODUCT
- HH highly recommends using a qualified receiving warehouse to receive, inspect, consolidate deliveries and facilitate in-home installation. HH will recommend a receiver for client if needed. All crated goods must go through a professional receiver such as a receiving warehouse. A receiving warehouse acts as an agent for the client and is responsible to note any damage and assist the owner with filing a freight claim when any damage is found. A qualified receiving person should be present to accept products when delivered directly to a home.
- A signature on the BOL upon receipt of the products confirms that the products are received in good condition unless exception is made on the BOL. If the merchandise is refused upon delivery for quality or damage issues, the receiver should contact the showroom of purchase immediately.
- If the driver must "drop and dash", the receiver should note on the BOL that any concealed damage of boxed or crated products will be the responsibility of the carrier or the manufacturer as determined upon inspection of the product. Full inspection must occur within 48 hours of delivery and all freight claims filed within 72 hours.
INSPECTION OF PRODUCT
- Inspect the cartons or crates carefully. Check to see if the ShockWatch™ and or Tip-N-Tell indicators are activated. If there is any visible damage to the packaging or the indicator is activated, note it on the BOL. Take photos of any damage to the packaging, this is necessary to resolve damage claims.
- Inspect the HOLLY HUNT branded tape seal. If it is not intact or it is covered over, you should assume the package has been tampered with. Note this on the BOL.
- Unpack the cartons or crates. Inspect all merchandise carefully. Cartons and crates should always be unpacked in your presence. NEVER discard original packaging until satisfied with the delivery.
- If you are unable to inspect the merchandise at the time of receiving the shipment, note on the BOL that any concealed damage of boxed or crated products will be the responsibility of the carrier or the manufacturer as determined upon inspection of the products. HOLLY HUNT must be notified within 48 hours of any concealed damage that is found. Keep a copy of the BOL. Save the packaging material and take pictures of the damage.
- All claims should be reported to the customer service manager at the HOLLY HUNT showroom of purchase.
PRODUCT QUALITY AND IN-TRANSIT DAMAGE REPORTING
- Products are inspected by the manufacturer prior to release to ensure that the order is in good condition, complete, and ready for shipment.
- The carrier is responsible for a complete inspection of the products at the point of origin. Any damage must be noted on the BOL. The signed BOL is confirmation by the carrier that they have accepted responsibility for delivering the products in the condition in which they were received. Inspection of the boxed or crated products are limited to the exterior of the packages. Exceptions must be noted and the packages opened at once if the condition of the cartons or crates appear compromised.
Do not attempt a return without first having obtained a HOLLY HUNT written authorization.
HH will not accept returns without prior written authorization.
Please include the Sales Order Return Number with the returned product(s).