PRODUCT QUALITY and DAMAGE IN TRANSIT
Back To Top
- Per ICC Regulations, ownership of the product transfers to the customer (owner) upon the freight carrier taking possession of the order for transport. Therefore, responsibility for damage occurring in transit is the owner's and all claims for freight damage must be made within 72 hours of receipt.
- Products are inspected by the manufacturer prior to release to ensure that the order is in good condition, complete and ready for shipment.
- The carrier is responsible for a complete inspection of product at the point of origin. Any damage must be noted on the BOL. The signed BOL is confirmation by the carrier that they have accepted responsibility for delivering the product in the condition in which it was received. Inspection of boxed or crated product is limited to the exterior of the package. Exceptions must be noted and package opened at once if condition of the carton/crate appears compromised.
- When a damage or quality discrepancy is found, photos should be taken of the product fault. Photos of the packaging may be as important as of the item itself in resolving a possible freight claim. All product quality issues will be handled promptly by HH upon notice to showroom of purchase.
- Download the Damage/Defect Disposition form (PDF) to begin the request process through your local showroom.